Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quintessential Maine...to me....

I went through our vacation pictures looking for the pictures that said Maine to me. This is what i put together. Maine ,to me, in a series! ok you could probably just translate that as a lot of pictures....but i could not help myself. I wanted to share with you what we love about it there, other than everything!



...lobster dinners! Yes, he is waving hello(with the help of my wonderful Aunt)...




...beach combing for shells and mermaid tears(aka sea glass)...




...blueberry picking in the wild barrens right on the coast...




...relaxing on the beach...i know the picture is blurry/weird but i love how it came out...




...the fruits of our labor in the previously mentioned blueberry barrens...aren't they pretty? they are the shade of blue that Delilah's eyes are!...




...the lobsters, getting comfie together before the unfortunate demise for dinner!...




...Delilah getting to know the lobsters. the picture looks like she is asking Chris if it is ok for her to touch it!...




...My Dad and Mitch hanging out at the beach campfire, waiting to roast marshmallows...




...The kids waiting for the next big wave at our favorite stop in Maine, Schoodic Point...




...there is that wave they were waiting for!...




...and this is the picture that tells you why my kids don't eat lobster...it is pretty hard to eat something you made friends with and named(Bob and Larry, if you were wondering) a few hours earlier...




Leslie

13 comments:

Deb Robertson Writes said...

That looks like so much fun. Great to enjoy those special family times. We have 1/2 metre of snow outside and school is off again. Can't wait till spring here!

Lesly said...

My husband has been vacationing in Maine since he was a boy - we have continued that tradition. Ogunquit is where we go. Gotta love Maine, although the water is always so cold!

Lesly said...

My husband has been vacationing in Maine since he was a boy - we have continued that tradition. Ogunquit is where we go. Gotta love Maine, although the water is always so cold!

amy said...

I grew up vacationing in Maine. Schoodic Point was always one of our stops too, we would picnic and feed the gulls, once we even took our sleeping bags out their at night to watch a meteor shower:) I have not been back since we got married, but oh do I miss Maine! Hoping we might make in next summer!

jlk said...

What a great trip! The blueberries look delicious.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I love your pictures Leslie! I have wanted to vacation in Maine for so long now. It looks wonderful! I love that your kids named the lobsters Bob and Larry :) We love Bob and Larry here at our house, whether they are veggies or lobsters :)

Angela Nash said...

What a nice trip. Thanks for sharing it! I love lobster, but not sure i could eat one I made friends with.

Catherine said...

Looks like a lovely relaxing family break away. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Kristin said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Maine is on my list of must visit places someday. :)

Jess said...

Oh the lobsters! And the blueberries! And the beach! And the... lobsters!

I've never been to that part of the country. Ever. You make it look so tempting. :)

T.J. said...

The pictures feel like I'm right there in Maine, too! I adore how everyone has on clothes that show the weather on Maine's seaside is a little cooler and scented with delicious salt.

I think I could live off Maine's staples of lobster and blueberries- with a little whoopie pie thrown in for good measure ;)

Unknown said...

When I was in Maine a few years ago, I had lobster, morning noon and night.
Loved the photos of the family, it was like I was part of it Leslie, thanks.

Mary said...

Vacation pics are the best and of course you have to share them. Did A find lots of mermaid tears? Those are my favorite. And do both kids eat lobster? Wow!

Looks like a fun trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)