Friday, October 7, 2011

A Birthday Week

Chris had a birthday this week. I imagine i am not the only one that has trouble buying the right gift for the man in my life. He really likes to buy his own and feels that birthdays are just any other day so why should we make a fuss.

Well i feel that a fuss needs to be made even if it is a small one.



So we fussed and made him some homemade goodies that are his favorites. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach right? I had never made peanut brittle before, or any hard candy, so this was new. But it turned out great and he loves it. Can not beat that. I found the recipe here.



And this beauty was his birthday pie. He asked for banana cream, and that is what he got, and then some. I remembered seeing a recipe on the food network. I hunted around a little and found the Salted Caramel Banana Cream pie (something else i have never made before). It was amazing. Like, cry when you take the last bite amazing!!!



It was enjoyed to the last bite!!! Happy Birthday honey!

Gratuitous baby shot coming up!!!(napping in the highchair again)





Leslie

5 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Oh wow Leslie, that pie looks fantastic! :) YUM!
What a lucky hubby you have!

Grammie/Mom said...

Yes, Chris is lucky! Both goodies look great. Make that all 3 goodies...I'm including Delilah too.

CitricSugar said...

Thanks for the link to the pie! I'm sure my blood sugar won't thank you but I'm ok with that. :-)

Catherine said...

Yum! I feel like I've put on a couple of kilo's just looking at those yummy treats! Husbands are notoriously hard to buy for aren't they.

Sinta Renee said...

That dessert looks fantastic! But I have never heard of a Libra not wanting a celebration!?? (my bday was last week also.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)