Friday, February 27, 2009

I have a Crush...

...on Jamie. I love watching him cook, the way he throws it all about and is messy and carefree about it. It reminds me that it does not always have to be perfect, and that is definitely a lesson i could use a little more. There is not a thing he makes that looks bad or unappetizing. It all looks absolutely amazing. Because of how much i loved the show Jamie at Home i knew i had to have the cookbook. I finally got it for Valentine's this year from my hubby. He also was looking forward to anything i would make from it. Last night i made my first and one of my favorite recipes from the cookbook....an asparagus, potato and cheese tart(click here for the recipe). It screamed make me! It did not disappoint. Even though i could not find all the exact ingredients, with a little improv i made it all work and it was amazing. It is good company food...good comfort food....who i am i kidding, it is good food no matter what.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Colleen said...

dear god... i feel so inferior, what on earth will I cook for you when you get here! Ugh!

Melissa said...

You know, I keep hearing about Jamie lately. That tart looks amazingly delicious. Be glad I don't live in your neighborhood; I'd be freeloading on tart night. :)

Kimberly Tripp said...

looks yummy! I'd like to make that for some upcoming vegetarian company we plan to have... is it vegetarian??

Mary said...

And he has a british accent--that makes it doubly fun to watch--if there was only a Scottish chef on TV right? :) That looks so yum!!! And I do have cookbook envy...good one Chris!

Grammie/Mom said...

You've got Colleen is a tizzy! It looks good.

leslie said...

back off les, HE'S MINE!!!

hee hee... this is how much i am in love with jamie, i have at least 3 of his books (maybe 4 if i really think about it) and have tivo'd all his shows for years and years AND i tracked down his wife's books when i was in london. it drove my mom nuts to go in every single bookstore to find them (but i did). was just so curious about his family. of course he is a great cook too, the pizza recipe i make is his and it still gets rave reviews. i even left one of his books in colorado and bought another because i couldnt wait for them to mail it back!

your tart looks gorgeous by the way!

Sandra Lundy said...

i agree...jamie is fun to watch! and your tart looks sooooo good! YUM-O! i may have to grab that recipe and give it a try :)

katy said...

I love Jamie too. I discovered him thanks to our British satellite TV. I love that his recipes call for a knob of butter, that he describes his risotto as not being stogy and that he likes flavors to muck about. I also love it when he says that foods are best mates - like spinach and nutmeg. Love the Britishisms. I'd like to get one of his books but not sure which one. This tart looks TDF!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)