Friday, October 8, 2010

Sew and Tell- Baby Week



Ahh, it feels so good to get some of the things done that have been in my WIP pile for the baby. My to do basket is almost looking, dare i say, empty!!!!


I have acquired several cute flannel prints from Joann's with the intentions of making lovey blankets. Some i have had in stash for a long time, like the baby food jars print. Lovies are our favorite and every one we have given as a gift has been favorites for the new families too!!! They are versatile and warm and just so cute! These were made with two flannel prints(i am loving the animals)...squared...sewn right sides facing...turned out and top stitched! Easy Peasy.



I thought the baby food print would be good for some burp clothes. You can never have too many with a little on, i think....and all the ones i had made for my other two have since worn out. New ones were in order. I cut these into 8 pieces and then used the same sewing method as the lovey blankets.



Oh, and last but not least the Katie Jump Rope Hooter Hider!!!! I love this print. I used the tutorial here to make it, as i have for all the others i have made. Pretty simple and straightforward...but with pregnancy brain i am afraid i did some incorrect measuring. I am not sure it turned out the way it was supposed to, but i will reserve my final judgment until there is baby to nurse under it.

i am so thankful for Amylouwho and the motivation she provides!!! I am joining in this week at sew and tell. There are so many great finishes, as usual. Go and have a look and give them a little comment love!
Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

Colleen said...

You amaze me!

Love the baby food burp cloths.

Grammie/Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krista said...

Wow, you've really been cranking things out! I love the flannels you used, and that hooter hider is so smart. I should have used one of those (or should still make one, as Cooper pulls the blanket off at the most inconvenient of times lately).

~Niki~ said...

love those little elephants, and the baby food jars are adorable.

Tyler & Brenda said...

I absolutely adore the fabrics you used. I wish that I'd had some of those when I had my girls, they are perfect.

Brenda

Angela Nash said...

Those lovey blankets are so cute - the baby food jars are the best! And perfect for burp cloths. Yep- can never have too many of those.

amylouwhosews said...

Love the baby food jar print! How cute! Glad you joined us again!

jlk said...

Your Joanns has much cuter flannels than mine does. Those turned out so adorable! And gender neutral ;)

Abbey said...

LOVE those fabrics!!! I'm trying to dwindle my to do pile as well! Good luck!!!

Catherine said...

Great finishes for you this week. Very productive and such cute fabrics.

Tonya Gunn said...

So sweet and it must be so satisfying to be sewing for your little one.
Warm wishes, Tonya

Vicki said...

I love blankets like that, too. The baby food fabric is adorable. It feels good to finish some projects, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

You have been busy. I love the brown animal fabric in the second photo.

Haylee said...

Great job. I love all your finishes

Kristen said...

Great finishes! Those flannel lovies are perfect! Gotta love the name of the nursing cover! :)

Dolly said...

Wow, congrats on getting so much done.

I love homemade baby flannel blankies !

craftytammie said...

such cute projects!! that is maybe my favorite KJR fabric too. i need to make a hooter hider, i may have to copy your fabric choice!

Dee said...

boy, it's getting closer, isn't it! how fun!

all the little projects are so sweet and tender for a heart who loves kids! thanks for sharing them with us and letting us live vicariously through you!

leslie said...

hey les, can you send me your address? i have some "stuff" for ya!!
xo

Lara said...

Awesome! Love those sweet blankets!

Unknown said...

So cute. I need to get to making some baby items myself. Love the baby jar print.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Good for you for getting these finished. I know it feels great and like one less thing. Even if you mis-measured on the jumprope bag, I think it looks great and is a great idea!

ktquilts said...

I always got crafty near the end!! Way to go, but remember to rest, there won't be near enough of that later! ;0)

Blessings,

KT

Emily said...

Exciting that you are getting so much finished before your little one arrives! That is my favorite Katie Jump Rope print...perfect choice! Only 8 weeks to go for you!!

Kimberly Tripp said...

love them all! I can't believe what great fab they have at joann's! Almost glad we don't have one here. I love the black one with the animals. I really need to start making some stuff! My fabric dresser is overflowing. Love the hooter hider! That's my new fave baby gift.

Mary said...

Hiding the hooters is always important. :) Jealous of all the projects you've completed. Must be happiness all around your house.

Brown Family Blog said...

I was wondering how much you were sewing for the baby. Elijah loved the hooter hider you made for me. He would randomly yell. "Hooter Hider!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)