Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Finish

I did it...finished the vintage primaries!!!



This pattern was so easy to use and came together so fast! It is a pattern called Wickedly Easy Quilts. So true!




It was a stash buster for sure. Yet even though it came together fast it was not without a few kinks. Seems like even when you have been quilting for awhile(i am not claiming to be a seasoned veteran here at all) there is still so so much room for error...which creates more room to learn. The process is about growing right?!?



I am not one to repeat a pattern, i like variety(or maybe i get bored quickly), but this is the second time i have made this one(see my first here) and i can see me making it many more times. Perhaps in the near future. If you look at my first you will see that this one provides variety every time you make it.
I love that!

Leslie

10 comments:

Angela Nash said...

Scrappy with a plan - it turned out great! What a wonderful gift.

Colleen said...

I can see how this one can be so different just using different fabrics. I'm glad you're back to sewing like a maniac!

Catherine said...

Well you just whipped that one up quickly. What a great pattern!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

It turned out great!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love the colors!

T.J. said...

I'm sure your sewing machine welcomed you with open arms :) This quilt has such great color to it!!!!

I was just in my local fabric shop yesterday looking for prints to make a hat for Bear out of. I left with not only with fabric for him, but supplies for making potholders. Have I lost my mind? I suddenly really really need to make some retro potholders!!!!

Anne-Marie said...

Great job! It turned out great!

Emily said...

It's nice to make time for sewing again, isn't it? It turned out great!!

Victoria said...

lovely!

Kimberly Tripp said...

very cute, I love them both! That looks like a fun/easy pattern too. I am about to finish quilting our baby girl's quilt... why do these take me SO LONG!!! Then, I have to bind that one, and my Christmas quilt... yes, for the Christmas quilt top I made 2 years ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)