Friday, April 25, 2008

Plastic-Schmastic

I am tired of using those plastic throw away produce bags at the grocery store. I have wanted to use something else for a long time, but sometimes i am a little too cheap to buy something like this....especially if i think i can make it myself. I searched around the internet a little and i found this. It is a crocheted produce bag. It can either be tied at the top or i am going to make little handles for it. It is not a perfect plan. It is going to take me a little time to make enough that i can use these only at the grocery store. It took me about 1 day to make this one. I think this size could hold a good 4-5 pieces of produce(ie apples, pears or something). This would be my next step, Colleen. As we have talked about many times...trying to be a little more green and earth-friendly, organic...whatever you want to call it, is a one step at a time process. I know for me, if i do more than one change at a time i get a little overwhelmed.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

what a great idea Leslie. You could use these as gifts.

Brown Family Blog said...

ONLY 1 day?!?!? Good job Les. They look like they would fit well in a bag. I struggle with forgeting mine in the car sometimes...defeats the purpose. It's easier for me to remember when I am doing a real grocery shopping rather than a quick pick up shopping.

By the way, I will call you this weekend. I was out of town training a new jeweler (Jenn)! Sorry I missed your calls.

Love ya!

Mary said...

yes...gifts. Interesting idea... ;) you my dear, have the patience of a saint. I am impressed.

PS--does anyone besides me hate the word verification on these things? Apparently I can't read the alphabet when it's slanted because I have to do it 2 or 3 times.

Leslie said...

i had not thought of using them for gifts but....you never know. And i don't think it is patience, I think it is obsession!!! Once i start i can not stop. Yeah that word verification is a pain!

Grammie/Mom said...

Hi Mary, the word verification gets me almost every single time. Last night was a bear trying to comment on Leslie's crocheted bag. Leslie, I think obsession is a good word to describe your crafting!! ;0)

Brown Family Blog said...

Thank goodness I am not the only one! I thought something was wrong with my brain...no comment ladies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)