Thursday, November 6, 2008

Knitting Fantasies

What do you want to bet that these lovelies are going to end up in my WIP pile? I have grand plans(as usual), and high hopes for learning this new skill, but maybe i should be real with myself. I have two left hands, so to speak, when it comes to this knitting stuff. I am still going to try. The teal green color is planned to be fingerless gloves for myself. My family can vouch for the fact that i keep a pretty cold house and fingerless gloves would be really handy. The dark multi is self striping sock yarn. If i get even one sock done, do you think i will get its partner made? Socks are no good unless they are a pair. And the pretty pinks and oranges is just pretty. That is the only reason i bought it. No plans.
And how cute are these little things? I crocheted acorns!! We had the tops in a jar from a nature walk months ago...and i saw this quick tutorial on making them, so i thought i would give them a try today. You really can't make just one. I think the kids will have fin playing with them.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Brown Family Blog said...

oh they are lovely! :o)

Jonelle Yates said...

May I ask what WIP is? I'm going to start a new sewing project when I get my pattern in the mail. (Wal-Mart was out and Hobby Lobby was too expensive!) I love looking at your blog!

Leslie said...

WIP is shorty short for "work in progress"...what are you making with your new pattern?

Mary said...

Those are so pretty--I can see the gloves now... Knitty.com has great free patterns if you are ever looking. Can't wait to see!

If you ever make only one sock and get bored, maybe we can trade--I have many lonely one only socks. :)

Mary said...

PS...I think I overfed the turtles. They look full now.

Leslie said...

a sock trade might be in order...i am supposed to be knitting these on double points and it is a challenge to say the least

Grammie/Mom said...

You know, Leslie, that you can do what Aunt Deb G. does with the socks. She wears 2 different ones at the same time so you don't have to worry about making the second one!! I think you should make a basket of those fingerless gloves to have for visitors to use when they stop by or stay over. Hint, hint.

Mary said...

Double points and socks are only tricky until you get like half an inch of the sock in place. Then they make sense and stay in place...hang in there. ;)

Colleen said...

I love, love, love the little acorns. Make me some?

Laura for the Baillies said...

so cute leslie!! i LOVE acorns...i don't know why, every time we see some my kids know and join me in obsessively looking for ones with their hats still attached :) you'll get the knitting thing down, you just have to overcome your ninja-like crocheting reflexes :)

Kimberly Tripp said...

oh leeeeesssslie, where aaaaare yoooou???

the acorns are cute, but I have trees to get the tops from. love the pinks one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)