Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Saying Goodbye


I took for granted that because he was the littlest it would be the easiest for him to say goodbye. I was wrong. This was his protest today. It was his last day of playschool, and he did not want to leave. When we said it was time to go, he laid down on this pillow in the circle time area and would not get up. We tread lightly and let him lay there on that pillow as long as he wanted to, until he was ready to get up. He is going to miss having this fun place to play and be a wild, funny little boy. He is well loved there and pretty popular, and, so i am told, a pretty fun little guy to have around. I would have to agree. I think he is pretty wonderful. There has been some crying about saying goodbye, and nothing will break this mommy down faster, since i feel so much of the same. I get it. I just did not think he would, for some reason. I suspect that there will be some more crying and some middle of the night wake up calls and even nights spent in our bed both here and at the new house, but that is ok with me. i understand.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so sad for all that the kids are leaving behind. Guessing that they will love all the new changes and friends and adventures after the initial sadness. Aren't moves the hardest long term on mommies and daddies? I'm sorry for you too.

Brown Family Blog said...

oh the poor honey. :o( You too. :o( Just remind him of the playground...maybe it will help. :o) just dont remind yourself of the playground. :o)

Grammie/Mom said...

This brought tears to Grammie's eyes this morning when I read it at break. Jane(co-worker) must have thought I was nuts. I did explain to her what was going on. I'm hurting with you all. xxx000

leslie said...

gosh, is this moving going to end any time soon? seems so sad to me, this was a super sweet post!
made me teary! hoping for an easy transition to the your new home.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor little guy. Where are you moving again? There's another gal I follow who is moving close to me. Are you???

Kimberly Tripp said...

so sad :( what a sweet little guy. sorry I've been a bad commenter/blogger lately. we're feeling a bit overwhelmed (translation: no mothers day out) this week. FYI We'll be in your (new) neck of the woods 28-30 Dec (at Jon's house)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)