Friday, August 28, 2009

I LOVE Old Junk!!!

I had the pleasure of taking a sister trip to visit some really fun antique places in VA. This one was so pink and polka dotty and fun!!! Just imagine it. A whole barn full of goodness. It was perfect there. Be warned, this is a picture heavy post!! and you are going to love every last one of them. :o)
. We did bring the kids, and plying them with lollipops only worked for so long. They were hot and hungry. Not a good combination.

We had been planning on going to some of these places since we drove by them on the way to a homeschool convention several months ago. Right as soon as we saw these amazing places we promised that we were going there, come you know what or high water.
Not a bit of this place disappointed. By chance i just happened to be there the week that this same little town had their yearly antique and craft fair. How prefect was that?
This place and all these piles was and were full of potential. Potential loveliness. Am i gushing? Really, it was that good!!!

One of the main shops in town had a yard full of little antique sheds that were sort of set up like little vignette's. Each one had all different kinds of things....furniture, tin tiles, old frames, old doors, old windows(i especially love these), glass, decorative stuff...everything!

The prices were amazing. So low i was shocked. There were so many things i wished i could get home with me, but they were way too big to get into the trunk of my Outback. It was not going to happen. Beautiful, antique dressers for like 150. Since this is about how much the junk dressers my kids already had, i thought this was awesome.

There were so many things i wished i could bring home with me, but a girl can't have it all...so instead i took lots of pictures and tried to find lots of inspiration. I tried looking at things from a different perspective. I did find a few little wonderful things, but those will have to wait for another post.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mary said...

I am sooooo envious! Lucky girl. I love old junk too--especially cheap old junk. Were you taking those fabulous photos or did you get Chris to agree to walk around looking at all that fabulousness?

MandMStudio said...

Lovely pictures:) I too love old junk.flenshi

Colleen said...

Post the picketts! :o)

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Old stuff is so the best xxx

karen said...

I love old stuff too...how lucky to find good prices. Don't ya just love homeschooling! I homeschooled my youngest...now 21 and uniquely successful. I miss those days. It was fun. I Like your blog. Thanks for sharing.
peace~

Brown Family Blog said...

oooohhh! I see some things I want!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)