Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hijacking Dinner


This week we have seen lots of my family. When we moved for Chris' new job we moved closer to them....so close that i sometimes call and ask what is for dinner or get a heads up from my sister. :o) This week mom made swedish meatballs. I would share the recipe with you but i have never made it and i am certainly not going to start now when i know that i can get my mom to make them for me. Maybe she can post the recipe...hint hint... and i will link back over to her.
They are so yummy. She has been making them for my whole life...the cookbook that they come from is falling apart, tattered and worn and there are food marks all over it....the sign of a well loved and used cookbook. SO this mother's day i want to say that i am grateful to have my mom close by to spend time with, cook for me, spend time with my kids, and just be a great mom. Thanks mom for putting up with our regular drop in visits, the novelty has not worn off yet!!!
And this is always the best part of going to my mom's house...getting to smoosh and squeeze and love on my niece Olivia. She is so cute! I love how she sits on her little knees...adorable. She seems to be attacking her new favorite snack in this picture.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

Thank you Honey!! I love you being close by too. I only wish everyone was.

Colleen said...

soooo jealous

Mary said...

Ohhh--she's so cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)