Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Babies

I dug deep to find these today. Look how little they both were and now the time is just flying by and they are growing before my very eyes. I am sure most of you mommies out there can relate to the little bit of sadness i feel, sometimes a lot of sadness, at how quickly they go from helpless babies who need you all the time to little kids(or big kids) that can do things for themselves and even want you to leave them alone sometimes. I miss the little baby times. My whole life i wanted to be a mommy, back then i always envisioned myself as the mother of babies, never the mother of actual children. Imagine my shock!!! It was like i never wanted to believe that they would grow or become independent.
This afternoon, i was watching them play together in the backyard...lying on the backyard blanket and loving being together. Playing simple games and just sitting. Here i was in the house doing dishes and busy work watching them have all the fun. And then it dawned on me, these times are going by too quickly, and I should be right there where they are. Enjoying them, listening to what they have to say, really listening, and watching clouds together on the backyard blanket. So out i went! It was such a simple thing to do together but i really loved it, and i think they did too. I need to remind myself not to miss the sweet moments.

just a random picture of them laughing and having fun at school!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Brown Family Blog said...

It is bittersweet. I think one of the things that I have learned from Maddie and Connor (especially now that he is as tall as me) is how quick it goes...and it is 10 times worse when it is your own child. I try to remember that when I get sucked into the computer or I am working on my business...he is changing too fast. I don't want to miss it. Sigh.

Laura for the Baillies said...

Way to go, Leslie! Why do we do that? Constantly busy and they're growing INCHES a day?! Thanks for the reminder! You're a fantastic mom!

Mary said...

Oh--sad. That is amazing how quickly life flies by...when we were kiddos youth seemed to take forever. Now I watch other's children grow up and it's shocking how quickly they grow. Especially when you only see them every few months.

Colleen said...

It's so funny to see how different they looked as babies. Even when you are old and senile, you'll still be able to look at their baby pictures and know exactly which one is which. They do grow fast, don't they. Miss you and the kids. Can't wait to see those big kids.

Leslie said...

i hope that we will be able to see you. They do look totally different don't they. They look about the same size but he was about 9 months and she was more than a year

Kate said...

they do grow up quick. it seems like yesterday when we visited you guys in alaska after avery was born.

hashbrowns said...

sweet post, dear friend... and sweet memories-- I knew that baby girl!

Sarah

Grammie/Mom said...

Time does pass by very quickly doesn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)