Saturday, September 20, 2008

Goodbye Summer

The start of the school year has come and gone but it still felt like summer. But finally all that is changing. The weather is cooler and the days are shorter...and getting back into a routine has been nice.
It was time to say goodbye to one of our favorite summertime stops. The Snowman ice cream shop. It is a local favorite around here and always hopping with people enjoying a little taste of summer.
We took the kids down and got our last treat. Last because summer is over and because we are moving and will not be able to come anymore. For the first time our ice cream was not dripping down little arms and all over little faces because it was only about 65 last night instead of the typical summer 85 and humid.
Goodbye Snowman, we will miss you....Goodbye summer(we will NOT miss you!). I can not seem to get that old Jeff Buckley song out of my head...This is Our Last Goodbye. Anyone else know it?
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Brown Family Blog said...

hmmm... you will have to sing it to me next time we talk! :o) I have been enjoying this glorious weather too! I envy you your falls up there. We get leaves changing but it definitely does not match to yours...unless you go to Helen Ga or the North Ga Mountains. Whenever I go up there in the fall I miss home.

Colleen said...

I'm glad to be saying goodbye to summer, but I wouldn't mind some ice cream.

Elizabeth said...

I agree with colleen... I could have weather like this 365 days a year. It's beautiful. And ice cream ALWAYS sounds good :D

Mary said...

Does Mitchie's ice cream have an orange swirl in it or is that my monitor? Like Orange creamsicle? Soft serve is my favorite...lucky kiddos!

Zoe said...

Leslie, your blog and kids are so cute! It was nice browsing through it. I LOVE your organized stash of fabric . . . what a great birthday gift to yourself. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Grammie/Mom said...

Hopefully you can find the likes of another "Mr. Snowman" where you're moving too. Then we can meet for ice cream. How about that Avery and Mitch?

hashbrowns said...

goodbye summer... hello snowman! The snow is halfway down the nearest mountains now. We had heavy fog this weekend~ when the fog lifted, I think the collective sigh from Alaska could have been heard in NY... did you hear it?

Leslie said...

you know i think we did hear it because we have been talking about alaska a lot this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)