Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Long Overdue, Arte y Pico
a little time has passed but i have not forgotten how nice Melissa over at Just Me was to give me the Arte y Pico award. Sorry Melissa, if you are reading this, that this took me so long. It was a nice surprise when she sent it my way. I am flattered to be thought of as someone that is inspirational to someone else. I accept graciously. It is exciting to know that maybe there are a few ladies out there that are reading my blog other than my own family.
I have thought long, maybe a little too long, and hard about who to pass this on to. You are supposed to pass this on to ladies that you think deserve it based on creativity, design, interesting material and for just contributing in some way to the blogging community. Here are my picks
1. my friend Mary at Chasing Some Blue Sky. Her pictures are always amazing, her stories are hilarious, her recipes are delicious. She knits, she sews, she cooks and she works full time. When does she have time for all this. This girl rocks!
2. the other Leslie at Chasing Bluebirds. i love how open and honest she is about work and life. She crafts, sews and gardens she is funny and friendly and always nice to talk to. She always has a fun adventure or story to share...
3. Deb at As We Walk...I am inspired by her homeschool stories and their family adventures. She also has a nice variety of sewing projects and recipes thrown in there that always makes her blog a pleasure to read.
4. "Chickadee" at A Familiar Path. She is another homeschool mom, with tons of great ideas about school and about being a great mom. She has a beautiful way with words. Sometimes her stories make me laugh or cringe or cry. No matter, it is always fun to read.
5. my friend Sarah at Adventures of Hashbrowns. She uses beautiful words, she has a beautiful heart for God and she loves and cares for her friends and family deeply. I don't know anyone that can tell a story better than she can. She is truly gifted.
Clearly i do not have the same gift for words that many of these ladies do.
I now pass this Arte y Pico award on to you ladies. Check them all out...they are all full of ideas, information and inspiration.
1. Select five (5) other recipients for this award. You may select them for creativity, design, content or contributions to the blogging community & they can be in any language.
2. Name each nominee and link to his/her blog.
3. Show the award and include the name and link to his/her blog of whomever presented you with this award.
4. Link to the Arte y Pico blog so everyone knows the origin of this award.
5. Post these rules
Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)