Friday, March 26, 2010

Sew and Tell Friday


How does a week sneak up on one so fast? I have been a day behind all week, and nearly forgot that today was sew and tell. I had this in the works so i just got to sewing like crazy so that i could share this top with you all. I see a color trend in my life. The rooms in my house are blue and green...furniture...and the fabric colors i gravitate to are usually in the green and blue family somewhere. I wonder what a color says about someone?

My friend Deb, at Works in Progress, has been holding a charm square quilt a long. I was in!!!! What do you think Deb? She made a christmas charm quilt...so pretty. I really enjoy how diverse quilting can be and how different each persons quilt can be just because of the color and fabrics they use even when we use the same pattern.

I used a snippets charm pack and some other vintage reproduction fabrics that i had in my stash to get the total squares from 40 to 48...what Deb's pattern called for. I had to improvise in a lot of places on this one because i did not have enough of any one fabric, typical. I really really did not want to go to the store and buy more, so i just made do.

Today is sew and tell...good news Amylouwho is going to continue this through the summer with a little help...our motivation will carry on! Head on over and see all the other pretty's that are being shared. You are going to love everything. I am sure of it.
Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Very pretty! So simple, but fun! I always look at the blue fabrics first:)
Thanks for sharing.

Dolly said...

Ooh, Leslie, I like this even better than the one I made today. Congrats on making do with what you had, too !
I also added a fabric square or two to stretch my charm pack !

Mary said...

This is so pretty! I'm a huge fan of charm packs :-) (And layer cakes, and jelly rolls . . . oh my!)

kristie said...

i think that's just lovely! the colors all work so nicely together. i'm a big fan of blue and green also.

~visiting from sew and tell

Colleen said...

Gee... you're just cranking them out aren't you? I like it. It's so soft and pretty.

Angela Nash said...

I always love seeing how you change patterns or plans to make use of what you have. Great job!

And love those snippets charms - they're so sweet.

pinksuedeshoe said...

What a great quilt! I love all the repro prints, they are always my favorites. I always gravitate towards pinks and greens. Or polka dots. I am a total softie for polka dots.

Grammie/Mom said...

Another one under your belt!

ktquilts said...

Love reproductions!! They are so cheerful! Great quilt!

Blessings,
KT

jlk said...

I think blue and green say that you are a calm person. Cute quilt. I didn't get my sew and tell done this week :(

Anonymous said...

What an adorable quilt! Beautiful.

amylouwhosews said...

i'm a blue green person too. Completely.

I love how simple and pretty this is!

Catherine said...

So pretty and simple! Yep I'm a blue and green person as well.

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Choosing fabric from your stash sure worked well for this quilt. Maybe that's why it's good to kind of have a personal style instead of just buying random fabrics that don't go with anything else you might have!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is a great quilt, such lovely soft colors. I think your color choices mean that you are a calm centered person.

Carla said...

What wonderful fabrics! Very pretty indeed...

Dee said...

Colors do a say a lot about a person. Greens, blues...beautiful together!

Snippets is some of my favorite fabric right now. They look great in your beautiful quilt! You've done a fantastic job!

Went to a used book sale today for homeschool families and thought of you and wanted to encourage you that you're doing the best thing right now for you and your kids.

I admire that!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a great way to use a charm packet or two!

Deb Robertson Writes said...

It looks really lovely Leslie, I love it! Did you like the size of it??

Karen said...

Great effort. It looks lovely. You must have a good stash.

Evelyn said...

It looks lovely! Good for you for using up the stash! And I think green and blue must mean you're a very calm person. :-)

Mary said...

How do you finish so many quilts? I love it!

Rene' said...

Leslie, this is simply lovely!!! I love the reproduction looking fabrics. Greens and blues are my favorites as well. Very soothing!

Catherine Anne said...

I love it! You have such a gift~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)