Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fabric Madness


Oh fabric heaven!! There was a fantastic quilt shop by my sisters house, and i could not wait to go. When we walked in i was blown away by the selection and how beautiful everything was. Some have a purpose and others just looked good together and some i got for no other reason than i loved them.
Since it was vacation...Chris was very sweet to let me get whatever struck my fancy. Now if i had really bought everything, in the quantity i would have wanted i just might have broken the bank. But i practiced a little restraint. A little! Ok a very little!
These batiks are destined for a quilt idea Avery had. I hope to get to work on that one first. About 1 year ago she dictated to me a idea she had for a dolphin quilt, and i have been scared of it ever since. But when Colleen and i saw these fabrics we laid it all out on the floor and the dolphin quilt came together. See the ones on the left..they are for the rocks, water and sky. I love that these look like "sea trees" as avery calls them. And the others are for the applique parts.
these are all from IKEA. I love that you can get fabrics there. They are heavier weight but might someday have a use. I have that kids fabric with hippos in green also. It is so bright and cute.
Once in awhile i am lucky enough to find a sale on curtains like these ones above. Clearance is great.
i love these...especially the grey and the green together. I love how "vintagey" they look.



And this one...this was the reason i was going to that store. This beautiful cloud print by Kaffe Fassett. I don't know what i am going to do with it. Maybe a little quilt with these other two colors. i heart fabric.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

If I'm not mistaken, I saw a chunk of the daisy on blue fabric at our Goodwill before you went on vacation. I called you that day about another fabric. I decided I shouldn't buy anything for you in case it wasn't at all what you wanted. I guess you would have liked that one! :0)

Mary said...

You didn't practice any restraint...you are just tricking us. ;) Love all of your new fabrics. You have to show us Avery's dolphin quilt during all the phases...that's ambitious! But if anyone can do it, it's you!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love fabric.

Clint, Meredith and Soren said...

I can't wait to see what you make of these beautiful and colorful fabrics!

Brown Family Blog said...

Little restraint?!?! Did you roll around in all the fabric, laughing with the delight of a madwoman?! :o)

Leslie said...

i have been known to get the giggles because i love it so...and folding and unfolding is very fun....LOL

amy said...

I am liking the new Ikea fabric... I think I see a road trip in my future :)

leslie said...

oh the vintage look is the best! i have some of that moda too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)