Monday, August 18, 2008

The Object of our Inspection

Daddy gave an impromptu science lesson today. I guess everything turns into a lesson when you are homeschooling. They caught a little grasshopper while playing outside, with our pool net. Improvisation is key! They were all practically laying in the driveway when i came out, while Chris pointed out all the parts of our new little friend, and Mitchie even pointed out that he could see the bug breathing. The poor thing sat still, probably out of sheer terror, but it was not long before he hopped away. I am very glad that we have a great homeschool daddy that likes to be involved and initiates things like this with the kids. Science is not my strong suit. Thanks Babe!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Teri said...

That is awesome that Chris is so involved and supportive of homeschooling. I sometimes realize how blessed I am to have a husband like that too, when I'm in my Classical homeschool group. Ray is always with me and even acting as a tutor this year. A lot of ladies comment to me like "Wow that is SOOOOO cool that Ray is so involved...I wish my husband would get more involved....etc. etc". I think most are supportive, but I don't know how many roll up their sleeves and actually participate. We are truly blessed. Go Chris and Ray!

Mary said...

What a fun science lesson--and nice that they can wander off and learn in any situation. Much better than "Pull the jumpers off of a bunch of them and race them all." That's not such a nice science experiment.

Elizabeth said...

I think it's awesome that he helps too

Mary Beth said...

Hi Leslie. Just popping over to thank you for commenting and I'm glad you enjoyed the peanut butter balls. Your impromtu science lesson sounds great; we're not homeschoolers, but that is what it's like all the time at our house. My husband is a science teacher and the kids are always asking questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)