Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Loving the swap thing...

thanks so much to my swap partner Mandy...she made this lovely little pincushion just for me and added a few little bonus things too. You can see that right away i stuck some pins in there to get it doing it's job. I love it all. This was my first swap and i have to say that it was a great experience. I just may do more. It is so fun to know that there is a mystery package coming to your door. It is like Christmas or your birthday. Exciting!!
Here is the pincushion i sent her way...with a few yo-yo's form my collection and a notebook i made for her. I think my favorite part of the one i sent to her is the buttons.... Maybe i will make myself a patchwork pincushion and use the buttons you sent me Mandy. Cute! Thanks for being a great swap partner.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mary said...

I love swaps too! And you received such a beautiful pin cushion on this one!

sewspun said...

I'm glad you like it! Now I know what you mean about seeing it on someone elses blog. It's a whole new experience. I'm glad I was your first swap partner! Now you will be addicted!

Brown Family Blog said...

how fun! Mandy, you did a beautiful job! Les, yours aint so bad either. :o)

Grammie/Mom said...

the pincushions are really cute! I should check into some other swaps. I missed the fall one I wanted to join. It closed early.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)