Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Last Hurrah

Look at that dive....and that swimming? You would think that there was 6 feet of water in that almost empty pool. They sure made the most of it.
It is a sure sign that hot summer is almost over when the pool gets drained and put away.
The kids had their last pool party tonight before dinner...splashing away and enjoying the little that was left. Avery did not even bother to change into a swimsuit.
there was a lot of sibling splashing going on. It was humid so it made the frigid pool water bearable. 68 degrees!!
Goodbye hot, humid, sticky, miserable summer. We will NOT miss you. I can not wait for our first cold day. The first time i have to wear a sweater all day i am going to bake a cake and have a "Hallelujah it is Cold" party.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Chris said...

I love the cold. While everyone else wants to move south to warmth, I want to move north. The colder the better...

Mary said...

Heeeeeyyyyyy...Leslie, another soul who does not love summer. I say I don't and people look at me like I have 6 heads. Fall and spring are the best, but winter, with it's cozy baking and soups...love it to. We'll have the "Hallelujan it is Cold" party together.

Elizabeth said...

I agree w/ Mary - the fall and spring are the best - fall is my favorite - and I CANNOT wait till I have to wear a sweater all day either!

leslie said...

we are draining our pool at this very moment, hooray! i agree, cool weather is the best!

Melissa said...

make room for me---I'll be at the party too. I heart fall and winter best of all.

Frank/Sue said...

Avery, it looks like you are dancing in the pool and Mitch, great glasses. Me, I love the warm dry weather here in Utah. Doesn't seem to get to hot. Cold is not my fav.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)