Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall at Home

This is my one and only attempt at decorating for fall. I made these leaves with wool felt last fall, and i almost forgot that i had them until i saw some similar on a blog somewhere. It took a little time to hunt them down since they have been stashed away for a year but they are here now! And they were stashed away with a beautiful garland of beads that a sweet friend gave me, and that i love. I am glad though. Since we have put the house on the market it feels to me like a little bit of us has gone out of the house. Like it is so much more impersonal, cold kind of. i even get a little angry when we are cleaning for a showing or a open house. We scramble to find places to put some things away when they really have no place to go other than out in the open, because in a real home in a real life things are out there and messy and unorganized sometimes. So these few homey things are making me feel better. I smile when i walk by. These pictures do not do it justice but that is because we have not had much good picture taking weather lately...pretty rainy and dark. It's fall.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brown Family Blog said...

Fun! The extent of my fall decoration has been a little bear holding a pumpkin and a cute little candy dish made up of three friendly ghosts.

Grammie/Mom said...

my fall container made it to the dining room last weekend and I had Dad take it back to the basement this morning...still unopened and the house undecorated.

Mary said...

How fun. I don't know how I missed these other posts the other night. I love them--did you cut each one out individually? Maybe next year...

Leslie said...

i did cut them all...i used wool felt and found a template online for the leaves and then just strung them on twine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)