Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Bulletin Board

While Avery was crafting for school i was doing a little school crafting of my own. Last year i started making bulletin boards to incorporate a little science and reading, just as something fun and visual for us to use at school time and any other time they pay attention to it . I was going to make them more regularly but they seem to have fallen into a seasonal pattern... It was definitely time for me to get a autumn board made. We are focusing on leaves, squirrels and apples...all of which we have many.
Avery loves them...first thing at school this morning we got it out and she read a few of the poems. There is even a little letter and sound recognition work on there for Mitch.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Brown Family Blog said...

cool board!

It is raining here today but we dont have very cold weather...it's only like 70. Avery is making me jealous with her hoodie on...must be yummy weather there.

Mary said...

I clicked onthe rockstar board and learned a little myself.

Denver weather is always schizo--we had freezing weather last Saturday and now it's 70s and 80s again. I agree with Dee--I am jealous of the cozy weather you seem to be having.

Quincy said...

Thats pretty cool.

Elizabeth said...

I love the new board :)

Colleen said...

I can hardly keep up with all of your blogging, you've been very busy. Love the poems on the board!

Grammie/Mom said...

Avery, what's your favorite poem on the board?

Kimberly Tripp said...

very cute, we're having Joshua's 2nd bday party tomorrow (you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be blogging about it :) and I'm hoping for some nice fall weather! Love Avery's coat too... looks like you have a future quilt designer on your hands (not that I know a thing about quilting)!

hashbrowns said...

I don't think anyone else is feeding those turtles... they are always so hungry when I come by to check on them.

randi said...

Great idea! What a fun way to rotate fun things for the kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)