Thursday, October 16, 2008

Green Guilt


WARNING! crazy Leslie moment to follow. Did you know that they have psychiatrist/psychologists now that are "green". Green, like they are treating all of us out there who have enviornmental guilt. You know, you want to make some kind of a change but are totally overwhelmed by the enormity of it, then you are eaten up with guilt hoping that you are making the right decisions. i confess, sometimes i think i should see one....i get the guilt over silly things. Like for example, i had these old undershirts that i was going to throw away. I kept throwing them in the garbage can and then coming back and taking them out because i just had this nagging feeling that i could find a new life for them...something else that they could be. It would have been easy to just toss them but i conquered the guilt and cut them up to make cleaning rags. Reusing and i don't have to fill a landfill with all my paper towels. Phew, i feel much better now.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Kimberly Tripp said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have a stack of our old brown tshirts just waiting for me to clean something (and waiting, and waiting... HA!) You probably heard me shout "hallelujah" when mother's day out asked me to send in a tshirt for Joshua to do arts & crafts in. I sent in a stack "just in case one of the other kids didn't have one" (read: transfer of green guilt). I even got a nice little note from his teacher thanking me for the donations. Brownie points!!

Leslie said...

very funny...what a relief

Brown Family Blog said...

LOL... you make me smile...but I get it.

Mary said...

I get it too. Recycling feels good.

Grammie/Mom said...

They make the best cleaning cloths...or so I've heard. I may not know from first hand experience though!

Colleen said...

I know the green guilt. It gets me every so often. But what do I do with the yogurt containers that my recyclers wont take?

Brown Family Blog said...

hey Colleen- offer them to a teacher or a local school. If you stop by a school, see if the art teacher will take them. Takes a little extra work. Our music teacher would save hers and then send out a school wide email asking for any takers and teachers always wanted them. Great for projects with younger kids.

Leslie said...

i have heard of some areas having a "5" drive for recyclables that are labeled 5 that some recycling centers won't take...

Colleen said...

good ideas Dee and Les, thanks.

Grammie/Mom said...

Hey Colleen, use them for drinking cups!! Just like someone else we know and love. ;0)

Leslie said...

don't do it!! LOL...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)