Friday, October 24, 2008

Help in the Kitchen

We made applesauce! I "stole" this food mill from my mom while we were there this past weekend. The kids were so excited to help and be a part of making applesauce with the apples they picked and the mill that i remember using when i was little with my mom. We are making memories. I sure hope that they remember them! I love that each of the kids managed to sneak into the pictures. Apparently Avery's new thing is to be silly when the camera is out. Chris asked if he should get out of the way but i wanted him to stay. Because this is the way we really are, always crammed up on top of one another, even though there is a huge house to roam around in. And the applesauce, it was delicious!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mary said...

Avery's face in the bottom photo made me giggle. Cute.

Elizabeth said...

Looks like applesauce making was successful! :) And Oh my how I love that bottom picture! :D I love the look on both of their faces. Mitch looks very accomplished and proud of what he's doing and Avery is silly. :)

Brown Family Blog said...

Yum...I would love some. Oh I want to give those babies smooches!!!!!

Kimberly Tripp said...

too cute. I love Avery's long hair! I would love to make applesauce with Joshua... I'd even let him push the button on the cuisinart :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)