Friday, October 31, 2008

WIP, Like Usual

here is a WIP from last year. I pulled it out of a drawer and thought i would finish it up. It was stuffed away with all my other finished quilt tops and unfinished quilt tops. I guess last year i really was loving the fall colors and it was that time of year so why not. Honestly, I really should finish projects when i start them, because i am not that in love with the fabrics and colors anymore. But, i am feeling like i have to finish some things right now. The kids helped lay the blocks out for me...it was going to be random anyway so their help was appreciated. It keeps me from trying to make something random have more order. OCD!! It has been on the floor in the living room for a few days and it is like the family puzzle...i walk past then stop go back and change a few blocks around, and the kids notice then put their ten cents in. it has changed some more with the addition of a few solid blocks to make it more crib sized than play sized.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kimberly Tripp said...

very cute, I do the same thing (start a bunch of projects and don't finish them)

Leslie said...

oh my goodness if yo could see my unfinished pile...it is a lot!!

Brown Family Blog said...

PRETTY!

Word Veriification: slendies

Mary said...

I hear you--I feel the same way about my knitting projects. If I don't push through and finish, I know when I return I won't like them anymore. There should be a swap on "half finished projects we no longer really like" :) I like the colors and fabric-they are quite lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Kiddo's (190) sewing (143) Random (118) family (107) quilting (106) Food (69) activities (69) adventures (63) Recipes (52) Around the House (48) crafts (48) homeschool (45) baby (29) fabric (29) field trips (27) sew and tell (27) friends (21) Chris (19) vacation (18) Farm (16) living lighter (13) giveaway (12) Guest Blogger (11) holiday (10) wordless (10) Life (9) wip wednesday (9) blogging (5) book of days (5) crochet (5) vintage (5) gardening (4) outdoors (4) avery (3) birds (3) books (3) knitting (3) quilt bee blocks (3) link up (2) mosaic (2) summer fun (2) wildlife (2) Market (1) art (1) awards (1) csa (1) decorating (1) furniture (1) modern monday (1) recycle craft (1) swap (1)